No. 14

    

No. 14 

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR

In 1823, when Soane needed more space for his collection, he purchased No. 14, the house next door, amd rebuilt it to his design, creating the Picture Room and Monk's Yard on the back of the site. The front part of the house was later sold but with the generous help of the Heritage Lottery Fund and private and corporate donors, No. 14 has been acquired for the Museum's use.

MORE DETAILS AND PHOTOS on No. 14 and fundriaising needs > www.soanefoundation.org/no14.html

Photos:  Chas A. Miller III


View from the upper floors of No. 14 down to the Museum's Picture Room and Corridor skylights as created by Soane.